OEXN Limited (the “Company”) is a Cyprus Investment Firm licensed and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySEC”) under license number 423/22 obtained on 21/11/2022. The Company is located at 1 Kalymnou office 602, 6037, Larnaca. The registered address of the company is 106 Gladstonos, 3031, Limassol, Cyprus.
The Company must possess personal data, including sensitive personal data, so that it can provide services to its clients. The Company is proud in maintaining strong and professional relationships with its clients and other stakeholders. Hence, we put emphasis in respecting and supporting each person’s right to privacy.
as well as any other related sites and applications (if applicable). This Policy does not apply to websites operated by other organizations and/or other third parties. The Policy also applies to personal information that our Company collects and processes when you use or interact with our services through any correspondence made with us by e-mail, phone or otherwise. The Policy aims to inform you about the type of information we gather, who we share it with, what we use it for and how we keep it secured.
- Personal information we collect:
When you apply for or maintain a trading account with OEXN Limited, we collect personal information about you for business purposes, such as evaluating your financial needs, processing your requests and transactions, informing you about products and services that may be of your interest and providing customer service.
The information that we may collect from you includes the following:
- Identification information: ID number, full name, date of birth, occupation, age, photographs included in your identity verification document, marital status, criminal records, CV;
- Contact details: email address, phone number, work address;
- Proof of address: Recent utility bill (dated within the last 6 months), bank statement etc.
- Records of our communications with you. We may record any communications, electronic or by telephone or otherwise, that we may have with you in relation to the services we provide and/or govern our business relationship with you. These recordings will be our sole property and will constitute evidence of the communications between the Company and the data subjects. Such telephone conversations may be recorded without the use of a warning tone or any other further notice.
- Information we may have obtained from other sources, such as data sources or service providers in order to identify our client due to Know Your Customer (“KYC”) requirements as required by relevant legislation;
- Proof of payment/deposit: Copies of your credit card with only the last 4 digits shown if paid by card, copies of bank statement if payment was done by wire transfer;
- Financial Information, i.e. estimated annual income, net worth, liquid assets, previous trading experience, risk tolerance, etc.
- Information from which you can be identified such as the times you log on (for instance, IP address, type of computer or telecommunication device used for accessing our corporate website, geographical location and Internet Access Service Provider of an individual visitor), your volume of use of our corporate website, the types of data, systems and reports you access, duration of sessions and other similar data.
- Tax Identification Number.
This information is collected when you:
- Register for an account with the Company and/or are interested to know about our products and/or services
- Apply for our products and/or services
- Provide us with the information necessary to verify your identity
- Give us some feedback
- Examples also include background information we may receive about you from public records or from other entities for KYC purposes.
- We will use the information you provide us to:
- Verify your identity and carry out checks that we are required to conduct by applicable Laws and Regulations, including without limitation, know your client and anti-money laundering;
- Contact you on matters related to your account, including without limitation, to request any additional information and/or documentation;
- Tailor the products and services offered to you;
- Assess whether you qualify as a client;
- Maintain administrative records relating to our business according to applicable Laws;
- Investigate issues and/or settle disputes with you as it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that issues and/or disputes get investigated and resolved in a timely and efficient manner;
- Provide you with notices related to your account, general updates, market updates and other marketing materials, including without limitation, the services and products offered by our Company and related third parties;
- For other legitimate or lawful purposes.
- Sharing personal information with external parties
Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with our group companies, affiliates or non-affiliated companies that perform data processing and support services for your account or facilitate your transactions with OEXN Limited, including those that provide professional, legal, technological, processing payments or accounting services to OEXN Limited. Third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use your personal information for the purposes that we dictate and within the ambit of the applicable Laws.
Moreover, we may share personal information with any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, competent authority, court or other third party where such disclosure is necessary:
- as a matter of applicable Law or Regulation,
- to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or
- to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Legal obligation and legitimate interests
We process your personal information, necessary for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and also where it is necessary, for legitimate interests we have in conducting our business. These include without limitation:
Learning about your interests and preferences in order to contact you with information that is relevant to you and helping us maintain promotional communications with you.
Analysing and continuously improving the website and our services and helping us pilot test versions of the website internally to develop new features and ensure the efficient running of OEXN services.
Detecting and reducing fraud and credit risk.
- Your rights regarding your personal information
The rights that might be available to you in relation to the personal information we hold about you are set out below. You may exercise these rights by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information and Access
If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal information and, if so, what information we process and, if requested, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details) within thirty (30) days from the date of your request. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable administration fee.
It is important to us that your personal information is up to date. We will take all reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information remains accurate, complete and up to date. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified. If we have disclosed your personal information to others, we will let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, if possible and lawful to do so, we will also inform you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
You may inform us at any time that your personal details have changed by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com
. The Company will change your personal information in accordance with your instructions. To proceed with such requests, in some cases we may need supporting documents from you as proof, i.e. personal information that we are required to keep for regulatory or legal purposes.
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances such as if we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (if applicable) provided that we have no legal obligation to retain that data. Such request will be subject to any retention limits we are required to comply with in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. If we have disclosed your personal information to others, we will let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we will also inform you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances such as if you contest the accuracy of that personal information or object to us processing it. It will not stop us from storing your personal information. We will inform you before we decide not to agree with any requested restriction. If we have disclosed your personal information to others, we will inform about the restriction if possible. If you ask us, if possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you who we have shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (679/2016), you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to re-use it elsewhere or ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
Right to complain
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing;
- processing your personal information for direct marketing; or
- processing your personal information for research unless we reasonably believe such processing is necessary or prudent for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest (such as by a regulatory or enforcement agency).
You have the right to complain about the use of their personal information to the Supervisory Authority which in Cyprus is the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection. For more detailed information please refer to the following website: http://www.dataprotection.gov.cy
Cookies are small data files. When you visit a website, the website sends the cookie to your computer and your computer stores it in a file located inside your web browser.
Cookies are non-executable and cannot be used to install malware. They allow websites to recognize visitors when they return and include basic information about them that is checked and updated every time you visit the website.
- Links to other websites
The Company’s website contains or may contain links to other websites or social media platforms of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the Company’s website, you should note that the Company does not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, the Company cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Company will not be liable for the unlawful or unauthorized use of the client’s personal data due to misuse and/or malicious use and/or negligence and/or misplacement of the client’s passwords either by him/her or any third party.
- How do we keep your personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. In particular, we:
- Hold personal information in secure facilities and where the information is held electronically, on secured servers;
- Use encrypted transmission links whenever we can;
- Use other safeguards such as firewalls, authentication systems (e.g. passwords), and access control mechanisms to control access to systems and data.
- Retention of personal information
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable Law or Regulation. The retention of your personal information will be subject to periodic review. We may keep an anonymized form of your personal information, which will no longer refer to you without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
If you have a trading account with us, we will store your personal information for as long as you maintain that account, and after you cease holding an account, for as long as we are required by applicable Laws and Regulations.
- Personal Data Transfers
, and the client accepts posting the update as official notice to the client.
- Additional Information
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe!